The Policy Board directs and approves transportation planning and related implementation activities within the metropolitan area. The Policy Board consists of seven elected or appointed officials from the Cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, Augusta County and VDOT. The Board adheres to and abides by the SAWMPO Bylaws.
The voting membership of the SAWMPO Policy Board is composed of the following representatives or their alternatives; two (2) representatives from the City of Staunton; two (2) representatives from the City of Waynesboro; two (2) representatives from Augusta County; and a state representative designated by and empowered to participate on behalf of the Secretary of Transportation. Nonvoting membership is composed of one representative designated by and representing the following agencies; Federal Highway Administration; Federal Transit Administration; Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation; Virginia Department of Aviation; and any other agencies or groups agreed upon by the voting members.
- Scott Seaton, Vice-Chair, Augusta County
- Tim Fitzgerald, Augusta County
- Carolyn Dull, City of Staunton
- Steven Rosenberg, City of Staunton
- Bobby Henderson, Chair, City of Waynesboro
- Jim Shaw, City of Waynesboro
- Randy Kiser, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Pam Carter, Augusta County
- Michael Hamp, City of Waynesboro
- Leslie Beauregard, City of Staunton
- Don Komara, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Adam Campbell, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Matt Dana, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Michele DeAngelis, Federal Transit Administration
- Rusty Harrington, Virginia Department of Aviation
- Mack Frost, Federal Highway Administration
- Wood Hudson, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Steve Wilson, Virginia Regional Transit
- Bonnie Riedesel, Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission
- Terry Short, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Grant Sparks, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
Policy Board meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.