Technical Advisory Committee
The primary responsibility of the TAC is to conduct technical reviews and analysis regarding all work activity of the UPWP, LRTP, TIP and any related issues and programs as specified by SAWMPO’s Policy Board, and to advise the Policy Board. The TAC is composed of individuals with technical knowledge in transportation and land use matters. The TAC shall integrate land use and environmental considerations into all of its activities in order to forge a stronger link between transportation, land use and the environment. The Committee adheres to and abides by the SAWMPO Bylaws.
The voting membership of the Technical Advisory Committee shall be comprised of two members representing the City of Staunton; two members representing the City of Waynesboro; two representing Augusta County; one member representing Virginia Regional Transit; one member representing the Virginia Department of Transportation; and one member represent the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, for a total of nine representatives. Non-voting members of the TAC are similar to those from the Policy Board with the exception of the DRPT and VRT represented as voting members.
- Leslie Tate, Waynesboro, Chair
- Alisande Tombarge, City of Waynesboro
- Doug Wolfe, Augusta County
- Elizabeth Goodloe, Augusta County
- Jeff Johnston, City of Staunton
- Rodney Rhodes, City of Staunton
- Don Komara, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Grace Stankus, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Jeff VanFossen, Augusta County
- Lyle Hartt, City of Staunton
- Tim Hartless, City of Staunton
- Scott Kesecker, City of Waynesboro
- Chad Rambo, City of Waynesboro
- Adam Campbell, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Josh Dunlap, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Wood Hudson, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Michael Fulcher, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Kevin Jones, Federal Highway Administration
- Steve Wilson, Virginia Regional Transit
- Phil Thompson, Virginia Regional Transit
Meetings of the Technical Advisory Committee are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 2:00 p.m.