Technical Advisory Committee
The primary responsibility of the TAC is to conduct technical reviews and analysis regarding all work activity of the UPWP, LRTP, TIP and any related issues and programs as specified by SAWMPO’s Policy Board, and to advise the Policy Board. The TAC is composed of individuals with technical knowledge in transportation and land use matters. The TAC shall integrate land use and environmental considerations into all of its activities in order to forge a stronger link between transportation, land use and the environment. The Committee adheres to and abides by the SAWMPO Bylaws.
The voting membership of the Technical Advisory Committee shall be comprised of two members representing the City of Staunton; two members representing the City of Waynesboro; two representing Augusta County; one member representing Virginia Regional Transit; one member representing the Virginia Department of Transportation; and one member represent the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, for a total of nine representatives. Non-voting members of the TAC are similar to those from the Policy Board with the exception of the DRPT and VRT represented as voting members.
- Leslie Tate, Augusta County
- Doug Wolfe, Augusta County
- Tom Sliwoski, City of Staunton
- Rodney Rhodes, City of Staunton
- Todd Wood, City of Waynesboro
- Luke Juday, City of Waynesboro
- Don Komara, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Wood Hudson, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Jeff VanFossen, Augusta County
- Nickie Mills, City of Staunton
- Brian McReynolds, City of Waynesboro
- Kira Johnson, City of Waynesboro
- Adam Campbell, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Josh Dunlap, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Grant Sparks, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Terry Short, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Michael Fulcher, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Mack Frost, Federal Highway Administration
- Steve Wilson, Virginia Regional Transit
- Phil Thompson, Virginia Regional Transit
Meetings of the Technical Advisory Committee are held the third Wednesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. at the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission, unless otherwise advertised.